Wednesday, March 18, 2009

sweet sixteen.

So in my turning sixteen yesterday, i've been thinking about getting older and what responsibilites come with it, etc. And you know what i've realized about turning sixteen specifically?
Sixteen ain't so sweet anymore.
This world we live in is filled with crap. It's all about sex, drugs and drinking. I am so sick of seeing it every single day at school. Girls think by going to school half naked will get them somewhere, but in the end, all it is causing is hurt on her part and lust on his. I get that i'm preaching to the choir here. None of this is anything new; nothing that any of you haven't heard about. I get that this all comes with the world we live in and most of all, sin. But I am so tired of seeing people screw up their lives. Over and over and over agian. Most sixteen girls should be concerned about their homework not whether or not their hook up with a guy over the weekend. I don't want to live like that. I hope and pray to God that he gives me the courage, strengh and discernment to stay away from that, because I tire from the selfish mediocricy that most all of us seem to want to live by.
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you will able to test and approve what God's will is, his perfect, pleasing and good will." Romans 12:2

2 comments:

Brandy said...

God bless you, Taylor Morris. You are such an amazing young woman. I know God has plans for you, girl. Love ya!

Nate and Jenna said...

I love you & am so proud of you Taylor. You are an amazing woman & a leader in your generation. You do not go unseen. Life is about so much more than this short breath we have here on earth & I am so glad you have things in perspective. "DElight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart." Ps 37:4